Monday, March 2, 2009

Humbled by Your Majesty...

[[okay let me be the really random person I am and say that it's Dr. Seuss' birthday!! WOOT! Go, Dog, Go!!!...okay sorry back to reality :D]]

The stirring really touched me tonight...I decided that after rebelling against it for so long, that I am actually IN love with the Stirring. The words that are spoken there are such truth!! ...it's just great.

So, one of the songs we sang tonight was one I used to sing at the church I grew up in. I never fully understood the meaning until tonight...[it's sooo weird (and yet so refreshing) to hear songs in a different light after maturing in your faith...the lyrics are basically a slap in the face while yelling WAKE UP! I just love it.] I'm just going to type it here: :)

MAJESTY.
Here I am humbled by your Majesty
Covered by your grace so free
Here I am, knowing I'm a sinful man
Covered by the blood of the Lamb

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since you laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice

Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty

Here I am humbled by the love that you give
Forgiven so that I can forgive
Here I stand, knowing that I'm your desire
Sanctified by glory and fire

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since you laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice


Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty


OHHHHHHHHHHH so good. Lyrics can just tear me apart!!! I love the humility it puts on me....how small I am...how loved I am. I didn't know this song had that much power...

I just wanted to share that with you and I hope you are also encouraged by the lyrics...:)

1 comment:

  1. "now i've found the greatest love of all is mine"

    ..whoa. how INCREDIBLE is that?!

    and how can you EVER mess up a love like that???!!!

    i love that lyrics get to you. me too. in fact, they change my life sometimes.

    ReplyDelete