Monday, March 23, 2009

God is bigger than the Boogeyman.

2 Timothy 1:7 -- "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

I have been held captive by fears about myself for a long time...and I'm trying to let God pull me out. It's going to be hard to live by God's standards and not listen to what other people say or think, but I'm going to try. I need to learn that it's okay to have confidence and not worry about it getting shattered by others' judgments...that's the biggest thing for me right now: to accept me for who I am the way God defines me, not the way the world defines me. Flaky, always late, procrastinating, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not enough...

I need to be okay with not being okay in the world's eyes. I need to be not striving to be anything more than I am. Saved by grace...not works, or looks, or skills.

He wants to speak life...he wants to speak life to her...to her. He wants to speak truth...he wants to speak truth to her...to her...to her worth...

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! best part, i have no idea what those fears are. but i'm still glad you are taking strength in him. remember what i said in the caf? yup. right now. God's proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well miss aubrey... it looks like you've been doing some good seeking and listening and responding even amidst these fears... :)!!!

    now i guess the question to the rest of us is,
    "Will you speak...?"

    ;)

    ReplyDelete