Sunday, March 8, 2009

God is Moving...

God is moving in my life.

Big time.

I went to the morning service of the Stirring with Katie and Nolan today for the first time. Normally I go to one of the night services, but today I have Nite Life practice at 7 so both clash. The service was really good. The church building is one of my favorite sanctuaries I've ever been in. It was open and fresh feeling with high-arching ceilings and pews (that were surprisingly really comfortable) and it just had a very homey feel to it. Travis Osbourne preached on Jonah (obviously) but he talked about Jonah's anger at God because God stays in character. He correlated it to other scriptures in the Bible and it was really great. I LOVE hearing Travis Osbourne preach; he has such a gift and a love for God that so contagious when he speaks!

Love it.

So anyway, then TONIGHT I decide to go to the 5 and support Jenna and just go to the worship half, so I'm sitting kind of by myself next to an aisle and Jenna's empty chair (eagerly awaiting her return! :P) and then worship starts. I think God speaks to me most through lyrics and songs and today he was shaking me awake and giving me such comfort and encouraging me to press on! It seemed like the songs were written for me...

"oh Lord, my rock, my strength in weakness, come and rescue me, o Lord.
you are my HOPE, your promise never fails me, and my desire is to follow you forever.
for you are good, for you are good, for you are good to me..." etc

And we sang "Majesty" again, and this one song that I wish i could remember the words to so I could write them here. That one was like a punch in the gut. So good.

God is stirring something in me. He's stirring and tears are flowing and pain is lifting and it's an amazing thing....

Anyway....I love Jesus, this I know.

2 comments:

  1. He's moving. It's stirring. You're growing.

    ...this I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so, sweetness. just found your blog. this one i like. seriously, the things you write are heartfelt and open. its transparency at its best.

    oh, and i totally agree. one of the coolest sanctuaries ever, and the pews are amazing. imagine what they must have felt like when they were new.

    ReplyDelete