Friday, February 27, 2009

True Love

Okay. I wonder all the time: does true love REALLY exist?? Is it just a thing made up for fairy tales--to break magical spells and make princes and princesses live happily ever after? Is it limited to a man and a woman promising to spend the rest of their lives together until they get bored? Is it pretending to be someone you're not to impress someone else? Is it a woman who after seeing and talking to a man for ten minutes thinking "he is the one"? Is it in the words "I love you"? Is it all the things that this world offers us: vanity, selfishness, jealousy...??

No. It's none of those things. What about a mother seeing her newborn son for the first time? What about a father picking his crying daughter up and kissing the tears and the pain away? What about sisters laughing all the way into the night about silly things? What about an older brother coming to the defense of his younger brother against the bullies at school? What about an elderly man whose eyes still sparkle when his wife of 50 years walks into the room?

Yet, there is still something more...

"Come close, listen to the story
About a love more faithful than the morning
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

The earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt the Father's Broken Heart
Tears were filling Heaven's Eyes
The day that True Love died, the day that True Love died
When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died, The day that True Love died

Search your heart, you know you can't deny it
Come on, lose your life just so you can find it
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

The Earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt The Father's broken heart
Tears were filling Heaven's Eyes
The day that True Love died, the day that True Love died
When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died, The day that True Love died

Now, Jesus is alive

Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Oh, He is alive
He rose again

When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died, The day that True Love died

Come close listen to the story..."

[[I love that song...AND I'm very excited that Phil Wickham is coming to Simpson for Genesis Weekend!! WOOT!]]

Anyway, I just wanted to blurt about that. Think about this song when you think about Lent. The world doesn't have anything to offer you in comparison with Jesus Christ. None of this world is worth it. Oh, I just read this somewhere: "It's easier to climb down a hill than it is to climb up. But the view is from the top." That quote spoke such truth into me...I'm always fighting and running away from the hard things, from the awkward, and from the pain. But usually, you have to dig through the pain to find the deep, deep love....and believe me, it's all worth it. :)

3 comments:

  1. Aubrey Nichole LeAnn Rimes Raper..... (ok, i know two of those aren't really your name, but i needed it to be longer to express my true depth of proud..ity in you... and, as we know, i make up words when i'm inspired [so--proudity--this is a legit word! and the DEPTH of my proudity, goodness, it's deep!] anyway...oh yeah, LeAnn Rimes...she's cool! [wait, that wasn't the point. what waaaas the poi-...???] OH! right--so to express all THAT, I emphasized my saying your name. Makes sense to me. [except for why I wrote "LeAnn" and "Rimes" as your other two names...I don't even know if her songs are that deep. So that doesn't really make sense at all...])

    YOU! Where did you come from???? Miss "I just don't think I'm very deep."

    Let me tell you something--you can't get much more profound than that song right there...

    He truly is breaking your heart "for what breaks" His... And to see the worth in that is to see all the worth in the world entire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that to say: The depth of my proudity of you is ENORMOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm good stuff little one :) [You're only little in size :)] teehehe I love you!! I'M PROUD OF YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete