Saturday, March 7, 2009

Seek Me First

I Stand Amazed
I bring You my heart, I bring you my praise
I bring You my broken dreams I've lost along the way
I lift up my voice, I lift up my hands
I lift up the moments in my life that I don't understand

And I lay it at the cross where I'm surrounded by Your grace
And I marvel at the wonder of Your love

I stand amazed, I stand in awe
I stand forgiven in the midst of it all
Before You I bow, before You I fall
Blessed Redeemer, Sweet Savior of all
I stand amazed

I offer You thanks, I offer my life
I offer a sacrifice of praise when I'm scattered by the night
For You are my shelter, You are my King
You are the risen Son of God, the Lord of everything

Now I'm standing at the cross where I'm surrounded by Your grace
And I marvel at the wonder of Your love

I stand amazed, I stand in awe
I stand forgiven in the midst of it all
Before You I bow, before You I fall
Blessed Redeemer, Sweet Savior of all
There is life in His body, there is grace in His blood
There is Peace for the sinner, given by God's love

I stand amazed, I stand in awe
I stand forgiven in the midst of it all
Before You I bow, before You I fall
Blessed Redeemer, Sweet Savior of all
I stand amazed, I stand in awe
I stand forgiven in the midst of it all
Before You I bow, before You I fall
Blessed Redeemer, Sweet Savior of all
I stand amazed




I've never actually understood how hard it is to be a Christian. I mean, sure, Aubrey got picked on in middle and high school because she was a "goody-two-shoes" and people tried to pay her to say the "F" word. But I've never really, really and truly understood sacrifice. God has been laying things on my heart and bringing people to me to speak truth and life into my life. I have never been so blind-sided....I can see him so clearly. He's asking me to surrender things to him that I never would've expected him to want me to give up. I need to pray and bask in his presence before anything, but just pray for me for wisdom...pray for me to stand firm in what I know is right...pray for me to not run from God's presence...pray for peace...

Relevant C. S. Lewis quotes:

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.


No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.

Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours.

Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection: the fact that you don't merely suffer but have to keep on thinking about the fact that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief, but live each day thinking about living each day in grief.

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."

We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

We are what we believe we are.

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.



Sorry that was so long; they just all shouted truth at me.
Anyway, have a good daylight saving's night!

:)

2 comments:

  1. wow... I just read this one.

    "I've never actually understood how hard it is to be a Christian. I mean, sure, Aubrey got picked on in middle and high school because she was a "goody-two-shoes" and people tried to pay her to say the "F" word. But I've never really, really and truly understood sacrifice."

    Aubrey... write a book someday.
    I'll be the first one in line...
    :)

    p.s. Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of you??? (haha, I think maybe once or twice...) Cause it would be accurate to say that you have my favor ;). SOOOOOO I guess that means He's been faithfully giving you that favor you've been seeking first... cause mines really just the afterthought...it's really just the outflow of HIS onto those in your world where you then get to see it represented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you're not responding to my texts, so i guess i'll read old blogs.
    um, if you legitimately find me turning into a stalker, tell me, cause i'm mildly concerned for myself right now.

    anyways, i think the best part of this blog from a humorous stand point is tat you said people "tried" to pay you to say the f-word. as in they never did it. i totally would have taken the mone,y said it, and then been happy. then again, i had a bit of a dirty mouth in highschool.

    ReplyDelete