Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent. Lent. Lent, right, lent...

I've been trying to figure out what to do for lent.

Now, the old me would just say "GAH it started TODAY! I'm too late. I'll just not do it." But the NEW me is going to say "NO. I'm still doing it! So HAH!"

Any ideas??

Jenna was saying that last year, she took prayer on instead of giving something up. I liked that idea. Or maybe I'll give up movies. Or fast food. Sorry...talking out loud...well, typin--anyway, not important.

Let me know if you have any really good ideas...well, I guess that would be kind of hard to do because you'd have to know the inner workings of my life to suggest something that would really be a good thing to give up.

I think I might give up fast food. I eat dinner in the caf like 2 or 3 times a week... A) I can't afford that, and 2) I think the caf inspires community...I love the community here; LOVE it. The way we all rally around each other when others are in need...it's beautiful. :)

Alright. Fast food it is. NO MORE!

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds wonderful aubrey! such a good, reflective, meaningful choice :).
    for lent, i'm journaling...but like, for just-me-and-God's sake, in my own little personal journal... i definitely don't really do that in my life right now...

    cause, well, too often i'm an unintentional jonah ;)

    ReplyDelete