Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I think I can...

UPDATE!!!

It is 12:19am in Hollister, CA 95023.

I am sitting on my creme-colored twin bed swarmed with pillows and blankets, with "Girl Meets God" laying open and face-down just inches from my knee and centimeters from being finished, listening to the quiet whirring of my desk fan and the distant buzz of the living room TV, and feeling the slight breeze from my cracked window as it seeps into my in my mildly stuffy bedroom, smiling just thinking about things.

I just feel God's peace right now. And I am very thankful for that...I think we sometimes take that for granted, or at least I do. In the words of Counting Crows "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone". And we all know when it's gone, that is for darn sure. So I'm just basking in it right now. :)

...my desk fan kind of sounds like the "I think I can" train from Dumbo...it seems as if it's urging me to try as I force myself up that mountain...chanting at me to keep going...to hold fast to this peace that he has given me...to press on...speaking of...

Relient K is only a little over a day away. :)!!!!!!

Jenna Barney is coming tomorrow. And I can't help but feel like a child on Christmas Eve every time I think about it.

I just had a really fun day today. It was my good friend Matt Weir's birthday today, so Eleanor, Missy, Matt and I went out!! :D It was great!! The day went something like this: left Missy's house at 11:30am, drove to San Jose, went mini golfing, at about the 3rd hole I remembered how much I hate mini golfing, we got dehydrated, we left for the mall across the street, ate more than our weight in pizza and Diet Pepsi, walked around, Matt got rejected by TWO Verizon stores, looked at the sale in American Eagle, laughed at the ridiculous things in Pac Sun, went in the "Family bathrooms" and laughed at the baby toilet next to the big toilet (all I could think of was "Elf"), took HILARIOUS pictures in the FOTO booth (after rearranging ourselves many times, we barely fit), rode a quarter machine Merry-Go-Round (how great is that name?? "Merry-Go-Round"...it's just great), sat in the massage chairs, got three bucks each for smelling perfume, got free huge VANS stickers after taking pictures in front of their van, got See's Candies samples, got Starbucks, drove home! :) it was just good to do nothing and laugh all day and not worry about time or responsibilities...

I work tomorrow at 12:00pm at Barnes and Noble with Eleanor. I am so glad to be back working with coffee! It's so much better than Applebees! AND Java as a matter of fact...though I don't quite have the FULL hang of it...

I have just been reading for the past 45 minutes and it's been great. I used to be addicted to books only. Recently, I've been on a movie kick. Now, it's good to be back into books and rediscover how much I love them :)

Oh, and my phone is dead. Like, my-charger-can't-even-charge-it type of dead. :/ soooo if you need to get a hold of me, contact Kelly or Eleanor if you have their numbers. If not, try facebook! I'll try and get it fixed soon! :)

NOW I reeeally need to go to bed!!! I just wanted to post an update! Pray for me to keep pressing on and that I won't sit back and take this anymore :P!


This would be my up-too-late-still-not-that-tired-but-tired-enough-and-yet-still-can't-shut-up-or-sleep-but-I-think-I-can-with-His-abounding-peace face.

2 comments:

  1. awwww this is so wonderful!! I'm rediscovering my love for reading too!! yay!! :) I love you. I miss you. I love what the Lord is doing in you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um....... YEAH. "child on Christmas Eve".. that was DEFINITELY me too! Hopefully I did not disappoint... :L

    And "I-think-I-can-with-His-abounding-peace".. you are a VERY good reminder of that to me! I think you can, and I think I can, and I think He can help us both remember that right when we don't think we can do anything else but be SUCH a mess before Him.

    ...but that is all I can think for now, because it is late for early-to-bed-early-to-rise me, or else I would write a blog about how much I needed a good half-week in the presence of my wholly-loved friend exactly like the one I just had...

    mmHMM. And ya know something?...I think I'll have me another!

    ;) I miss you more than before/love you always with increasing amounts. :)


    You're such a great writer.

    ReplyDelete